Building Permit Application (PDF): Please complete the yellow highlighted sections and attach any required drawings and/or Plat of Survey. Please use this application for all construction types (example: fence, deck, patio, roof, basements, additions etc.). Please see the links below for additional information and requirements. 

Submit applications to: OR: mail in, or drop off during office hours (8:00 am-3:30 pm). Please allow up to 1 week for review time for basic accessory permit applications.

Building Department Office Hours: Monday- Friday 8:00 AM-3:30 PM

Sign Permit Application (Permanent and Temporary Signs)

Permits are required for the following types of home construction projects, click each link for more information on each permit type.

Projects Requiring a permit- Application is above (See links for requirements on each permit type below)

All commercial and industrial projects require a building permit.

All construction must be done by a contractor licensed to do work in the Village of Montgomery. Residents should check with the Village to be sure a contractor is licensed before signing any contracts for work.

A permit must be obtained before work can begin on any of the above projects. Please be aware that any project that involves digging into the ground (such as fences, patios, additions, etc.) will require a JULIE Dig Number, please call 811 or 1-800-892-0123, to locate underground utilities, which must be done before a permit will be issued.

A Building Permit Application (PDF)may be printed and completed, then to the email address at the top of the permit application or brought to the Building Department for approval. The cost of a building permit varies according to the project. For more information or to schedule an inspection, please contact the Building Division at (630) 896-8080 ext. 9023.

Projects Not Requiring a Permit:

A/C Unit ReplacementDog RunFlagpole
Furnace Unit Replacement
Library Kiosks