Montgomery's Village Administrator
Montgomery operators under a Village President-Trustee form of government. The Village President and Board of Trustees appoint the Village Administrator to serve as the chief administrative officer responsible for managing the daily operations of all Village departments. This combines the leadership and policy-making skills of elected officials with the professional administrative training and experience of the Village Administrator.
The Village President and Board of Trustees establish the policies guiding the Village's purpose, vision and goals. It is the role of the Village Administrator to implement those policies in the most efficient and effective manner. The mission of the Village Administrator is to deliver high quality services through leadership, professionalism, innovation, adaptability and accountability.
The Village Administrator duties include the following:
- Prepare and recommend the annual budget for consideration by the Board of Trustees
- Manage the daily operations of the Village
- Supervise and direct all Department Heads
- Enforce of the laws and ordinances within the Village
- Make recommendations to the Board of Trustees
- Ensure the efficient operations of all Village services and functions